ISDC Student Registration
ISDC 2018 Checklist:
Step 1 – Conference Registration and Payment
Step 2 – NSS Registration through Google Form
Step 3 – Waiver and Forms
Step 4 – Check whether you require a VISA to enter the USA. If you do, begin by Requesting a VISA Invitation Letter .
Step 5 – Oral Presentation and/or Poster Presentation Application
Step #1: Conference Registration
Space Settlement Contest Student | Contest Registration
Space Settlement Contest Chaperone | Contest Registration
Other Student Attendee | Main Registration
Step #2: Waivers and Forms
There are some laws and policies in the US that you need to be aware of:
– Airlines in the United States do not allow minors to travel without an adult unless they are notified in advance and arrange an escort. Please check with your airline for age limitation policies.
– Hotels in the United States do not allow persons under the age of 21 to check into a hotel without an adult to check them in. Please check with your hotel for their policies.
– Alcohol – According to United States law, persons under the age of 21 are prohibited from buying or drinking alcoholic beverages
Requirements for International Students:
- A valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least subsequent months after your travel. You can check the expiration date on your passport’s first few pages.
- An invitation letter is required before applying for a visa. You can request an invitation letter by clicking here.
For your visa processing, you will need the following documents:
- A valid invitation letter from the NSS
- Current as well as old passports
- Copy of the confirmation page of online submission of the DS-160 with the CEAC bar code
- Visa fee receipt (fee must be paid via banking prior to making the appointment)
- Original interview appointment letter
Interview officer will primarily want to check that you are a legitimate applicant who meets all the criteria for US visitor visa including a valid identity, no criminal background, and have a valid reason to request a visitor visa.
- You must show evidence that you have sufficient funds to support your trip to USA.
- You may want to show evidence that you have strong ties back to home country, which will indicate to the officer that you have a reason to come back to your home country after your US trip is completed.
- Any additional documents that can support the above can be useful to carry with you when you go for the visitor visa interview.
- Evidence that shows the purpose of the trip, intent to depart the United States after the trip, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided.
Read the visa photo requirements at here
You should avoid registering for the conference if you don’t have an approved visa. While it is advised that you should make your hotel reservation early, check your hotel’s cancellation policy in case you need to cancel your trip.